8th Grade November Update from Sarah Baker
I can’t believe it’s already been two weeks since our trip to Washington, DC. Our visits to the museums were enriching, our advisory reflection times proved thoughtful, and our many bus rides were nothing short of entertaining. The students worked together to earn advisory points, and points are currently being tallied to determine the winner(s). This advisory will be able to earn an extra dress down day and a special treat in December.
The Advisory Competition did not end with our trip, however! Points have started reaccumulating with the current Food Drive happening in the Middle School. Collection boxes are located in each advisor’s room and all collected items will be donated to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. Please refer to the Food Bank’s Most Needed Items list for further details.
Finally, I want to thank you all of you who helped with the planning of the dance last week. It was perfectly decorated for the “tailgate” theme, and fun was had by all! The 8th graders were especially helpful in cleaning up the gym after the dance was over. We look forward to the next dance in January!
- Friday, November 18: 8th grade dress down & pizza lunch
- Tuesday, November 22: Thanksgiving Chapel
- Wednesday, December 14: Holiday Chapel
- Friday, December 16: 8th grade dress down & pizza lunch
- Monday, December 19: Science Mid-term Exam & Service Learning (3:30pm dismissal)
- Tuesday, December 20: Humanities Assessment- Ravens in Action Research Synthesis (10:30am dismissal)
- Wednesday, December 21: Holiday Celebration (10:30am dismissal)
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful week!