8th Grade January Update from Sarah Baker
Dear 8th Grade Families,
I am so pleased to begin this update by congratulating David Gray and Bilal Saiyid for the awards they won at the Model United Nations Conference last Friday, January 20; David was honored with “Best Delegate” and Bilal earned “Best Position Paper”. All of the students who represented Ravenscroft at the conference did a phenomenal job, and we could not be more proud of them!
Since our last update, we have had two days of service where the 8th graders went out into the community and served in various capacities. To name a few, we had groups cleaning up trash with Adopt-a-Stream, packing and delivering grocery bags through InterFaith Food Shuttle, and entertaining the wonderful residents of Elmcroft.
We tried as best as we could to make sure at least one of the service experiences that each student was assigned corresponded to his/her Ravens in Action topic, but your child also should be completing an action plan related to his/her topic on his/her own. We cannot wait to see what all they have accomplished when they present at the Ravens in Action Forum on Friday, March 31. Save the date to join us that morning; more specific details will follow in the February update.
Finally, I want to remind you that conferences are this Thursday, January 26. Students are expected to attend. If for any reason you need to reschedule, please let your child’s advisor know at your earliest convenience.
- Thursday, January 26: Conferences (students attend)
- Friday, January 27: 8th grade dress down (no pizza lunch)
- Friday, January 27 – Friday, February 3: Ravenscroft Online Auction
- Tuesday, January 31: Writing Assessment Program (WrAP) Test
- Wednesday, February 1: Writing Assessment Program (WrAP) Test
- Wednesday, February 8: Spring sports sign-up
- Friday, February 17: 8th grade pizza lunch & dress down
- Monday, February 20 – Friday, February 24: Winter Break
- Friday, March 31: Ravens in Action Forum
Let me know if you have any questions! I look forward to seeing many of you on Thursday.