8th Grade March Update from Sarah Baker
Dear 8th Grade Families,
I can hardly believe we are already halfway through March. The year is flying by, but we still have so much more to look forward to throughout the second half of second semester.
CTP testing began today and will be continuing during the long block (8:55-10:05) for the remainder of the week.
Tomorrow is our Pi Day celebration during community time, so please remind your child to wear sneakers; they will be competing in a math competition in Main Arena. Thank you to those of you who have volunteered to help with the event!
On Wednesday, the eighth grade will go out into the community for our final service learning opportunity of the year. Students have been given their permission slips, so please sign and return if you have not done so already.
Finally, we look forward to seeing you all at our Ravens in Action Forum on Friday morning, March 31. This forum will highlight students’ developing public speaking skills, their global issues research, and the services that they’ve completed locally to impact their issues of choice.
- Monday, March 13 – Thursday, March 16: CTP Testing
- Tuesday, March 14: Pi Day
- Wednesday, March 15: 8th grade service learning
- Friday, March 17: 8th grade dress down & pizza lunch
- Monday, March 27: Social Media: A New Approach for Parents (8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in Jones Theatre; RSVP for the event.
- Friday, March 31: Ravens in Action Forum
As always, let me know if you have any questions!