8th Grade End of Year Reminders from Sarah Baker
8th Grade Families,
As we near the end of the year, I want to offer some clarification to events happening soon.
- Thursday, May 10 (tomorrow) we will have our final dress down and pizza lunch. Thank you to those of you bringing items or volunteering!
- We do not have school on Friday, May 11 due to the Fine Arts trip to Busch Gardens.
- Students in an upper school math class will have an exam review session on Thursday, May 24 during community time (12:45-1:35).
- Students in an upper school math class will take this exam on Tuesday, May 29 from 9:30-11:30am. These students should report directly to the upper school that morning for their exams. Once the exam is over, students are expected to report back to the middle school for the remainder of the day.
- All eighth grade students in a middle school world language class will take this exam on Wednesday, May 30 from 8:00-10:00am. If a student is not in a middle school world language class, he/she should arrive at school for the closing exercises’ rehearsal and eighth grade lunch by 10:15am. Eighth grade students have early dismissal at 11:30am.
- All eighth grade students in a middle school math class will take this exam on Thursday, May 31 from 8:00-10:00am. Our middle school awards ceremony will take place following the exam at 10:30am. All middle school students will be dismissed at 11:30am.
- Eighth graders should arrive to the middle school on Friday, June 1 at 1:00pm. The ceremony will start at 1:30pm, and a reception with light refreshments will immediately follow.
- Denise Colpitts emailed out the dress expectations at the end of March. As a reminder, girls are expected to wear an appropriate length dress; this may be strapless but not low-cut. Girls are welcome to wear a dressy top and pants if they wish. Boys are expected to wear a shirt, tie, nice pants, and shoes (not sneakers); a suit/jacket is not required.
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful day!