Lower Goals 2011-2012
Last week, one of our fifth graders shared her hopes and dreams for the year. This week I want to share with you our Lower School faculty goals for the 2011-2012 school year.
Ravenscroft Lower School
- Relationships and Connections
Continue to build and strengthen relationships with students, parents, and colleagues to ensure the Lower School is a positive, supportive place to learn, celebrate successes, and face challenges.
- Take responsibility for the energy we bring into this space every day. (adapted quote from Oprah)
- Take an interest in people’s lives outside of the classroom and school environment.
- Embrace change and the opportunities it creates to reinvent ourselves and our practices.
Increase and improve the use of technology for faculty and students related to: delivery of instruction/presentations, communication, organization/efficiency, and consuming and producing information.
- Collaborate with Technology department to identify areas of focus.
- Encourage each teacher to set Professional Growth Options related to technology.
- Provide professional development time and experiences for teachers at Division, Department, and Grade Level meetings.
- Curriculum Scope and Sequence
Promote and provide time for faculty to engage in meaningful conversations and work sessions to evaluate the scope and sequence of academic and non-academic curriculum.
- Prioritize the areas of the academic and non-academic curriculum that we need to focus on:
- Social Studies
- Character Education
- Behavior management
- Field Trips
- Enrichment Experiences
2. Pick two areas to focus on for the 2011-2012 school year.
- Early Childhood Program
Support a successful transition for a full-day Kindergarten program and expanded pre-Kindergarten program.
- Support a successful transition to a full-day program through scheduling, professional development, and additional administrative support.
- Balance a strong academic program with opportunities to learn and explore through play and enrichment experiences.
- Work with Admissions and Advancement Offices to promote the success of the program internally and externally.