Dress Code Update
LOWER SCHOOL DRESS CODE
EVERYDAY DRESS CODE
Boys: solid-colored, striped or patterned* shirts (collared or collarless); shorts, slacks, jeans
Girls: solid-colored, striped or patterned* shirts (collared or collarless); shorts, slacks, jeans, dresses, skirts, skorts
Tennis shoes are the required footwear to ensure safety during daily physical education classes and recess times.
* Examples of acceptable patterns include polka dots, plaid, checkered, and argyle.
SPECIAL DAY DRESS CODE
Boys: collared shirts*; slacks or dress shorts
Girls: blouses with skirts, dressy slacks or shorts; dresses
*Shirts should be tucked in for special day dress
Consequences for not following Ravenscroft Lower School’s Dress Code:
1) First Offense: student will receive a verbal warning and a dress code violation form will be sent to parents to sign and return.
2) Second Offense: student will be given a dress code violation form to bring home and have parents sign and return AND they will lose a portion of their recess time
3) Third and Subsequent Offenses: parents will be contacted to come and bring a change of clothes for the student and student will serve a lunch detention or lose recess time.
- Tops (short/long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts) and Bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, and skorts) should be free of written words or graphics promoting anything other than Ravenscroft. Small logos (Nike swoosh, Izod alligator, Polo horse, etc.) are acceptable if they can be covered with the palm of your hand.
- Athletic bottoms are not permitted. (Examples include mesh shorts and sweatpants)
- Clothing must be clean, without holes, and weather appropriate.
- No hats may be worn by students in the L/S buildings.
- No oversized or undersized shorts or pants. Students are expected to abide by the “fingertip rule” (clothing must be longer than your fingertips).
- No tank tops for boys.
- No spaghetti straps or bare midriff tops for girls.