Parent Night Schedule
This Thursday, August 30 from 7:00-9:00, we will be having our Lower School Parent Night.
Here are some important reminders for the evening:
- All parents should go to the Lower School Gym at 7:00.
- This event is for parents only. No child care will be provided.
- Parents with children in grades PK-2 will be visiting with homeroom teachers from 7:30-8:00.
- Parents with children in grades 3-5 will be visiting with Special Area teachers from 7:30-8:00.
- Parents with children in PK-2 will be visiting with Special Area teachers from 8:00-8:30.
- Parents with children in grades 3-5 will be visiting with homeroom teachers from 8:00-8:30.
- PE Coaches can be found in the Lower School Seminar Room.
- Roberta Sweeney (Spanish grades 3-5) can be found in Carmen Hernandez’s (Spanish PK-3) classroom.
- The Academic Skills teachers can be found in room 116 off the Learning Center near 3rd/4th grade classrooms.
- Mr. Knox’s Science Lab is located in the modular unit near the 5th grade center and playground.
- Sally Fortlouis (Art grades 1-5) is located in the Fine Arts building.
- Bill Pendergrass (5th grade Band) can be found in the music and technology hallway with Cindy Fordham (Technology K-5), Cameron Bolin (General Music PK-3), Bradley Kramer (General Music 4-5 and Drama 2-5), and Amber Hitchcock (Violin).
- Rhonda Zayas-Palmer can be found in the Winston Library (Library PK-5)
- Amy Pendergrass (Extended Day ) can be found in the center area between Mrs. Bednarz’s (2nd Grade ) and Mrs. Bever’s (1st grade) classrooms.
I would also encourage all of you to subscribe to the Grade Level Blog associated with your child’s grade to stay informed about important events, curriculum updates, and special announcements. When updates are made, subscribers are sent an email notification. Some teachers also have individual classroom blogs with even more detailed information, and their pages are linked directly from the grade level homepage. The links are below:
http://blogs.ravenscroft.org/cbolin/ (General Music PK-3)
http://blogs.ravenscroft.org/ls-technology/ (Lower School Technology Blog – Cindy Fordham)
http://blogs.ravenscroft.org/extendedday/ (Extended Day)
(PK and Second Grade do not currently have a grade level blog up and running)
I am looking forward to seeing all of you on Thursday night!