- A friendly reminder to log in to SeeSaw. You received an invitation in your child’s blue folder this week. This year we are using SeeSaw to share and communicate with our families. We will post pictures and samples of your child’s “work” on SeeSaw to share their learning. We will also use SeeSaw to send messages, announcements, and reminders. SeeSaw is private and you’ll only see posts related to your child. Please feel free to share the invitations with other family members to spread the joy!
- Please do not forget to return your Go, Play, Save fundraiser forms or books by the September 19, 2017 deadline.
- If you are interested in purchasing milk for your child to enjoy at lunch, please return the forms as soon as possible with a check for the entire amount. The deadline is September 5, 2017.
- Monday, September 4, 2017 – Holiday – No School
- Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 – Fall Picture Day (Class and Individual)
- Friday, September 22, 2017 – Lead From Here Pre-Kindergarten Picnic – Please bring a picnic lunch and join us for lunch with your child! Also, bring a blanket for you and your child to sit on. The picnic will begin at 11:00 am and end at 12:00 pm in the Holding Garden.
- I can use greetings and introductions.
- I can recognize my own name.
- WOW (Words Of the Week): challenge, considerate, disturb, commotion, tidy
- I can count out a given number of objects.
- I can represent numbers with groups of objects.
- I can learn to observe and compare things in my world.
- I can explore cause and effect in my world.
- I can learn about things that happen at school.
- I can learn the classroom rules and relationships.
SPECIAL AREA UPDATES
Welcome to Pre-Kindergarten PE! This quarter we are on the MOVE. Students have been introduced to a variety of locomotor skills including: skipping, jumping, hopping, walking, sliding, galloping, and running! We have started to practice moving in general space to music and working with different pieces of equipment while moving. As we continue through the quarter, we will play a variety of games to focus on moving within boundaries and testing our spatial awareness. We will practice being cars moving on roads, airplanes flying through the gym, and even play one of our favorite games, scrambled eggs, to move around the gym to different commands. We are ready and excited for a new year in PE!