- Please do not forget to return your Go, Play, Save fundraiser forms or books by the September 19, 2017 deadline.
- Friday, September 22, 2017 – Lead From Here Pre-Kindergarten Picnic – Please bring a picnic lunch and join us for lunch with your child! Also, bring a blanket for you and your child to sit on. The picnic will begin at 11:00 am and end at 12:00 pm in the Holding Garden.
- I can engage in conversations.
- I can recognize Nn and its letter/sound relationship.
- WOW (Words Of the Week): cooperate, share, fair, assist, emotion
- I can match sets by number.
- I can can compare quantities.
- I can learn to observe and compare things in my world.
- I can explore cause and effect in my world.
- I can demonstrate cooperation.
- I can show respectful and responsible conduct.
SPECIAL AREA UPDATES
PK enjoyed their first visit to science lab, meeting all of our class pets, which has grown to an ever larger number: 3 turtles-two different kinds, a leopard gecko, a bearded dragon, a South American tree frog, and two tanks of tropical fish. They each got to feed the turtles and they watched the tropical fish eat. Just before school began, our guppies had babies, so there are many different sizes of fish in the guppy tank! Our second scilab class was about magnets and what types of materials they stick to. I gave each student a pair of donut-shaped magnets, and a pencil. The magnets fit over the pencil and can both repel or attract, depending on their alignment. These ceramic magnets will break if dropped onto a hard surface!
Here’s my original blog post including a link to buy more: http://blogs.ravenscroft.org/