On Tuesday, October 31st Lower School will be participating in a Halloween Parade around the Campus Green. If you celebrate Halloween, students should come dressed in costume this day. We ask that there be no face paint, masks or handheld accessories (ex: wands or swords). We will also participate in a Halloween Carnival during PE time. Students may bring a change of clothing for after the festivities.
Ravenscroft will be participating in the Wake Relief Food Drive. The drive will run from November 1st-November 13th. Each grade level is responsible for bringing in certain nonperishable items. 2nd grade has been assigned to bring in spaghetti, canned corn, peas, or green beans. Food collection bags will be going home within the next week. All of the food collected will be going to the Wake Relief Food Pantry to feed the hungry during the holiday season.
Please remember to sign up for a conference time with your child’s teacher on Conference Day, Friday, November 3rd. You may sign up by accessing your Parent Portal. If you have a conflict that prevents you from attending the conference on Conference Day, please contact your child’s teacher to set up an alternate date and time. While here, please check the Lost and Found.
- Saturday, October 28th: Report Cards will go live on your Parent Portal
- Monday, October 30th: Lower School Tree Talk
- Tuesday, October 31st: Halloween Parade and carnival during PE time
- Friday, November 3rd: Report Card Conferences – please check the Lost and Found
- Noticing ways that authors make their stories click together at the end and draw upon previous parts of the story to create a powerful ending
- Retelling stories in order to specifically think about what the author wants to teach us
- Celebrating the growth of readers by reviewing skills practiced this quarter – “Readers have grown like beanstalks!”
- Recommending books to classmates and re-organizing classroom libraries with suggestions for peers
- Using a checklist to edit our writing and check for correct spelling, punctuation, and capitalization in order to prepare our writing for publication
- Publishing and sharing our writing with an audience
- Celebrating all that we have accomplished as writers
- Discovering additional strategies to solve addition and subtraction problems
- Exploring patterns on addition/subtraction facts table
- Reviewing open response problems by discussing drawings and words that explain their thinking
- Finding missing addends in an addition problem through the use of various tables and visual organizers
- Applying knowledge of simple machines in the experience of constructing pocket sundials
- Discussing the characteristics and importance of being a good community citizen