We look forward to seeing our students again on Tuesday, October 9th and hearing about their long weekend experiences.
- Monday, October 8th- Fall Holiday: No School
- Mrs. Bever’s class swims through October 15
- Saturday, October 13 Fall Festival/Fall Roundup
- Using precise, beautiful language to convey just the right feeling (we will brainstorm strong synonyms for ordinary words such as mad and strive to use richer words such as angry, furious, or enraged)
- Empowering children to independently learn and study craft moves from any author at any time by teaching them how to study a beloved story on their own and how to notice and name the craft moves that they love in the story
- Noticing the words and language choices of authors (figurative language -alliteration, personification, sounds, repetition/lists, descriptive words)
- Revising narratives to include precise and specific language
- Noticing the ways that authors make the parts of a story click together
- Studying various patterns and specific spelling principles
- Identify odd and even numbers and write number models to express odd and even numbers as sums.
- Recognizing equivalent names for numbers and using name-collection boxes.
- Using a variety of strategies to add numbers together
- Identifying the six different types of simple machines (wheel and axle, lever, screw, wedge, pulley, and inclined plane)
- Discussing the importance of citizenship within communities
- Identifying the characteristics of rural, suburban, and urban communities
SPECIAL AREA UPDATES