Next week will be filled with joyous celebrations in Lower School. It is hard to believe that we are already on the cusp of Holiday Break. There will be much to celebrate next week and we are looking forward to this special week with your children. Please review the dates below so that you are aware of specific holiday celebrations.
***A note about our holiday luncheon: A special lunch will be provided for all second graders on Wednesday, December 19th. The main entree will be pizza along with various other sides. If you child does not prefer pizza, please plan to send a lunch from home with your child on that day. We will not be going to the Dining Hall.
***Please plan accordingly for the afternoon on Wednesday. We will have our rehearsal for the Holiday Sharing program in the afternoon and it is important that all students are present in order to prepare for the performance the next day.
***All families are invited to attend the Holiday Sharing program on Thursday, December 20th at 10:00. The program will be held in the Finley Center and is sure to fill your hearts with music and joy. This program will include a performance by our 2nd and 3rd grade strings students as well, due to the cancellation of their performance because of the snow.
- Wednesday, December 19th- Holiday Luncheon (11:15-12:00)
- Wednesday, December 19th- Holiday crafts in classrooms
- Bever: 10:30-11:15
- Lane: 9:30-10:30
- Crawford: 2:00-3:00
- Wednesday, December 19th- Holiday Sharing Rehearsal (12:20-1:05)
- Thursday, December 20th- Holiday Sharing (10:00-11:00 in the Finley Center Main Arena)
- Thursday, December 20th- X Day (non-numbered day) and early release at 11:45
- Using text features to figure out the meaning of key vocabulary words
- Using the context from the whole page to figure out the meaning of key vocabulary words
- Rereading and revising our drafts to increase the amount of specific information (facts) to help others learn more about our topics
- Including effective leads that grab the reader’s attention and crafting effective concluding statements within our nonfiction writing
- New spelling sorts will resume after the holiday break
- Measuring with U.S. Customary and Metric systems such as a foot, inches, and centimeters
- Conducting experiments to explore how much force is needed to change the speed with which an object is moving
- Exploring the characteristics of the different communities that we belong to
- Exploring community jobs and services with attention to the value added to our communities
- Identifying key community members and how community helpers make communities a better place to liveS