Calling all STEM+ Innovators! Please continue to send in any of the items listed on the letter that went home in the Tuesday folder. While the career tool project is finished, all classes still need a plethora of supplies in order to create our next project for the sound unit. Take a look around the house for any of these items.
There will be no poem this week. All students should practice their part for the second grade musical. We will rehearse our lines on Friday, March 15th, instead of reciting our poems. Students should also use this week to practice their songs for the musical.
- Wednesday, March 13th – 2nd Graders visit Brookdale Retirement Home and share their musical talents.
*Students should wear jeans and a Ravenscroft shirt to school. We will change into our musical shirts at school before the field trip.
2nd Grade Musical Rehearsal Times (It is important that children are on time and present for each of these rehearsals).
March 15, 2019 – Day 2 – 8:30-9:30
March 18, 2019 – Day 3 – 9:05-10:05
March 19, 2019 – Day 4 – 12:00-1:00
- Wednesday, March 20th – 2nd Grade Musical (8:30 am and 6:30 PM)
- Using what we notice to spark new ideas (topics) for opinion writing
- Including helpful linking words to support our opinions with multiple pieces of evidence from the text
- Attending to the use of conventions in mentor texts and getting creative with conventions in our own writing
- Adding extras to our writing to create extra meaning
- Noticing idioms and incorporating them into our own writing
- Using strategies to remember details from longer stories and books
- Reading as a writer by focusing on special language
- New spelling words will be given out on Thursday, which is Day 1.
- Selecting appropriate tools and strategies to solve two-step number stories
- Making ballpark estimates and inventing our own strategies for solving addition problems
- Manipulating base-10 blocks to find partial sums and learning the Partial-Sums Method for addition
- Conducting experiments to explore sound and hearing
- Investigating what makes sound and how sound waves travel
- Reflecting on our role as citizen-leaders and considering what our role is in preserving the environment
- Understanding how animals adapt to their environment
- Collaborating with a peer partner and our librarians to research endangered animals and understand what is causing these animals to become endangered