What an amazing job the students did in their performance of Broadway Beat. We are so proud of their hard work and dedication. We also want to take a moment to thank you all for your support throughout our preparations for the 2nd grade musical! It was a smashing success and the children were prepared because of your support and encouragement at home.
The poetry theme this week will be Sports themed. The minimum line requirement is 12 lines, and a copy of the poem is due on Tuesday, March 26th.
Winston Librarians will be hosting a Time Machine Boot Camp for 2nd grade families interested in learning more about how to support their student during this upcoming biography project. We will be discussing Ravenscroft’s research model, how to access our electronic and print resources, and answering any questions you may have! Please join us Thursday, March 28 from 8:00-8:30 AM or 2:30-3:00 PM in Winston Library. We hope to see you there!
- April 5 – Parent/Teacher Conferences (No School) Conference sign-ups are available online. If you need a different day/time, please contact your child’s teacher.
- April 15-19 – Spring Break
- March 28– Information session about Time Machine 8:00-8:30 am or 2:30-3:00 pm in Winston Library
- March 29- RWorld
- Selecting topics from a personal list of strong opinions to write persuasive papers
- Using a graphic organizer in order to structure our persuasive writing piece
- Supporting our opinions with multiple reasons and pieces of evidence in order to convince our audience
- Practicing and reinforcing reading nonfiction skills learned in previous units
- Identifying nonfiction text features in biographies – specifically reading a variety of timelines
- Gathering factual information by taking notes while reading
- Reviewing and practicing spelling patterns and principles
- Studying spelling sorts for a test this week on Tuesday, March 26 (new spelling sorts will be given out on Wednesday, March 27)
- Continued practice with partial sums and use the Partial-Sums Method for addition
- Solving two-digit subtraction problems
- Finding missing addends to make multiples of 10 (ex: 3+__=10; 51+__=70)
- Applying place value concepts and addition properties to solve number stories
- Concluding our unit on Sound with our Build a Band STEM+ project
- Constructing an instrument using a variety of materials and their understanding of how sound is made
- Using the notes we have taken to organize the information about endangered animals into a graphic organizer
- Writing a nonfiction opinion piece about our endangered animals and how we can protect them
SPECIAL AREA UPDATES