- November 12-16, 2018 – Ravenscroft’s Book Fair
Let your imagination grow at the 2018 Ravenscroft Book Fair, Nov 12-16 in Richards Hall Annex. Make sure you check out the huge selection of new releases and classic favorites. Come with your child during their assigned visit or bring them after school. Or set up an eWallet so your child can shop cash-free. Be sure to visit the Library Gift table to purchase a lasting gift to honor your favorite teacher, coach, student or graduate. Unable to attend? Buy books online Nov. 7-20. And join us for these fun events:
Nov. 13 Books Over Breakfast with free donuts – 7:30-8 am
Nov. 14 Family Night and kids PJ party – 5-7 pm Join us for fun activities, prize giveaways, storytime and free milk and cookies.
- November 19th – Thanksgiving Snack
- November 20th – Grandparents’ and Special Friends Day; 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Finley Center
- November 21-23 – Thanksgiving Break
ACADEMIC UPDATES (For the Week of 11/26 – 11/30)
- I can understand and use question words
- I can recognize Ff and its letter/sound relationship.
- WOW (Words Of the Week): greet, global, fancy, fabulous, diversity
- I can compare objects by length.
- I can use terms such as longer, shorter, and same length to describe length comparisons.
- I can exhibit curiosity in nature.
- I can explore to learn more about soil.
- I can identify ways to help in my world community.
- I can identify how I can help in my world community.
SPECIAL AREA UPDATES
Pre-K students have been busy in PE! Students have been participating in a variety of activities that allow them to manipulate an object by sliding, tossing, bouncing, or catching. They have used foam balls, balloons, yarn balls and worked with our large parachute. In addition to working with equipment, they continue to work on spatial awareness and boundaries from the previous unit as they move in the gym with these new pieces of equipment. Students are now beginning to work with a partner to continue to manipulate objects and focus more on tossing and catching.