On January 18, 2019, Ravenscroft School will have our Day of Service in honor of the late Dr. Martin Luther King. On this day, each grade level in the Lower School will have a special service project that the students will work on in order to offer support to various organizations. The Pre-Kindergarten service project will be a Diaper Drive to support The Diaper Train in Raleigh, NC. The Diaper Train provides diapers to low-income families in Wake County, improving the lives of babies and toddlers. The program is run by volunteers and serves 1,000 children each month. Volunteers work with churches, businesses, schools and civic groups to collect diapers, baby wipes and children’s books. We would like to encourage our students to bring in diapers, baby wipes, and/or children’s books for us to donate to this wonderful organization. Donations can be turned in starting Monday, January 7, 2019 through Friday, January 18, 2019, to your child’s Pre-K teacher. The students will also make cards for the babies and their families as well as count and sort the diapers and wipes. We appreciate your support of this service project!
- January 18, 2019 – MLK Day of Service
- January 21, 2019 – MLK Holiday – No School
- January 28, 2019 – Field Trip to Saint Saviour’s Diaper Train
- January 31, 2019 – Parent – Teacher Conferences – No School
- I can use context to identify meaning.
- I can recognize Cc and its letter/sound relationship.
- WOW (Words Of the Week): tasty, colossal, nibble, gobble, energetic
- I can compare objects by length and weight.
- I can use terms such as longer, shorter, and same length to describe length comparisons.
- I can exhibit curiosity in nature.
- I can explore to learn more about soil.
- I can identify healthy habits that help to prevent illness.
- I can identify different ways to stay healthy.