On Tuesday, October 31st Lower School will be participating in a Halloween Parade around the Campus Green. If you celebrate Halloween, students should come dressed in costume this day. We ask that there be no face paint, masks or handheld accessories (ex: wands or swords). We will also participate in a Halloween Carnival during PE time. Students may bring a change of clothing for after the festivities.
Ravenscroft will be participating in the Wake Relief Food Drive. The drive will run from November 1st-November 13th. Each grade level is responsible for bringing in certain nonperishable items. 2nd grade has been assigned to bring in spaghetti, canned corn, peas, or green beans. Food collection bags will be going home within the next week. All of the food collected will be going to the Wake Relief Food Pantry to feed the hungry during the holiday season.
Please remember to sign up for a conference time with your child’s teacher on Conference Day, Friday, November 3rd. You may sign up by accessing your Parent Portal. If you have a conflict that prevents you from attending the conference on Conference Day, please contact your child’s teacher to set up an alternate date and time.
- Friday, October 20th-22nd: Raleigh International Festival: https://www.
- Tuesday, October 24th: All School Gathering of Thanks
- Thursday, October 26th: Author Visit by Stacy McAnulty
- Friday, October 27th: Trunk or Treat (5:30-6:30 p.m., Gonet Gateway Parking Lot)
- Saturday, October 28th: Report Cards will go live on your Parent Portal
- Monday, October 30th: Lower School Tree Talk
- Tuesday, October 31st: Halloween Parade and carnival during PE time
- Noticing ways that authors make their stories click together at the end and draw upon previous parts of the story to create a powerful ending
- Retelling stories in order to specifically think about what the author wants to teach us
- Trying out craft moves in our own writing that we learn from mentor authors of our own choosing
- Offering feedback to partners about how to revise their writing
- Using a checklist to edit our writing and check for correct spelling, punctuation, and capitalization in order to prepare our writing for publication
- Sharing our writing with an audience and celebrating all that we have accomplished as writers this quarter
- Expanding our use of conjunctions to include other ways to link two ideas together by using words such as and, but, so, or, because
- Drawing upon a variety of strategies in order to solve addition problems
- Solving subtraction number stories and generating related addition and subtraction facts
- Generating fact families by using related numbers (ex: 4+3=7, 3+4=7, 7-4=3, 7-3=4)
- Finding missing addends in an addition problem
- Discovering how simple machines make our work easier, faster, and more efficient
- Discovering ways to effectively communicate with others during our next Lead From Here launch lesson
- Discussing the characteristics and importance of being a good community citizen